Hi World ...

The idea of this blog is basically to get word of my work 'out there' ... so to speak.

I will, over time, compile a body of some of my favorite works here along with the stories behind them, the various sources of inspiration, and will share some of my crazy carving adventures along the way.
I am available for commisions small or large, private or public and I like to think that 'Anything Is Possible' ... just drop me a line at angiechainsawchick@yahoo.com.au or if in Australia you can call me on 0423 068 407 ...

I hope you enjoy this peek into my world ... and if you like it ... please feel free to 'spread the word' !!
...
Oh yeah ... and if you are so inclined, click on the 'Older Posts' tag at the bottom right at the end of this feed to see more groovy 'Angie' stuff !
Enjoy ...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Mornington Peninsula

I have a long history with the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Australia, having spent much of my childhood holidays racing around on the beaches there. Over the years I have carved numerous private and public commissions across the peninsula ... many of them BIG and carved on site from exising trees. Here are just a few examples of my public works there ...


2004
... benches for the Rye Skate Bowl ...


























2003

... A giant ocopus and conch shell (the council made us carve the shell to the road side so the piece wouldn't be too distracting for motorists ???) ... this piece was carved alongside Dennis Beach of 'Hardwood Carvers' USA who was in Oz on holidays. He is an incredible carver and a hard task master ...



























2005

Carved a dolphin (with pup) over 3 hectic days on the side of the Nepean Hwy, Rye ...















2006

... from little pelicans for prizes ...




... to 5 fat pelicans for installation at 'Hastings Reserve' ...













2008

A line of totemic style 'Farmyard' themed carvings ... carved on site from old shade trees that had become dangerous at Dunns Road Reserve, Mornington ...













































1 comment:

  1. What fantastic and interesting pieces of art beautiful.

    ReplyDelete