Hi World ...

The idea of this blog is basically to get word of my work 'out there' ... so to speak.

I will, over time, compile a body of some of my favorite works here along with the stories behind them, the various sources of inspiration, and will share some of my crazy carving adventures along the way.
I am available for commisions small or large, private or public and I like to think that 'Anything Is Possible' ... just drop me a line at angiechainsawchick@yahoo.com.au or if in Australia you can call me on 0423 068 407 ...

I hope you enjoy this peek into my world ... and if you like it ... please feel free to 'spread the word' !!
...
Oh yeah ... and if you are so inclined, click on the 'Older Posts' tag at the bottom right at the end of this feed to see more groovy 'Angie' stuff !
Enjoy ...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Big Fish … 2007

Wohlmirstedt, Germany …


This event was a first for the township of Wohlmirstedt with the intention to line the streets with an instant sculpture trail. Accordingly the participating artists (28) had an agreed upon payment for the pieces to be created, and it was also a competition with prize money to up the ante. The timber I carved was a beautiful piece of white pine, carved over 2 hot and steamy days to an appreciative public.





By carvings end I managed to win 2nd place with the ‘Big Fish’ … very exciting indeed.

The inspiration …

The day before the gig a group of us were taken to Berlin to see the city. After a wonderful day of exploring we were walking the streets to find food … and we were lost. During our wandering we passed by wonderful European architecture and crossed many old bridges. I photographed this fish amongst the wrought iron work on one of those bridges … and there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment