Hi World ...

The idea of this blog is basically to get word of my work 'out there' ... so to speak.

I will, over time, compile a body of some of my favorite works here along with the stories behind them, the various sources of inspiration, and will share some of my crazy carving adventures along the way.
I am available for commisions small or large, private or public and I like to think that 'Anything Is Possible' ... just drop me a line at angiechainsawchick@yahoo.com.au or if in Australia you can call me on 0423 068 407 ...

I hope you enjoy this peek into my world ... and if you like it ... please feel free to 'spread the word' !!
...
Oh yeah ... and if you are so inclined, click on the 'Older Posts' tag at the bottom right at the end of this feed to see more groovy 'Angie' stuff !
Enjoy ...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Carving in the UK …



I have traveled to the UK to carve on numerous occassions over the years. It is a beautiful and surprisingly lush country with lots of tradition and a huge appreciation for the arts. Many carving events have evolved there over the years, including the 'Carve Carrbridge' in Scotland (where I won 1st place in 2007) and the wonderful Nth Wales 'Woodfest' ... both held annually.





Here are some pictures of just a few of the events I have participated in ... including the lemur (left) that I carved for Eve at the Powys Museum in Welshpool.









In 2002 I traveled to the UK for the first time in my life after being invited by the one-and-only fabulous Andy Hancock to participate in the 'Lake Vyrnwy Sculpture Symposium'.
Over the years a permanent sculpture trail has been established at Lake Vyrnwy in North Wales ... and I am thrilled to have my piece 'Water is Life' amongst the many ...


































For 2 years running I participated in the 'Sculptree' event at the Westonbirt Arboretum, 2 hours west of London ...
2004




































2005






























I returned to the UK (& Germany) in 2008 for several months to participate in numerous events and festivals.
Amongst some of the pieces I carved are below including this chunky lion carved over 2 days in Hampshire.






























I have carved at the English Open several times and did so once again in 2008 creating this Sexy Double Base out of a magnificent chunk of Sequoia tree.





























... carved at the Nth Wales 'Woodfest' 2008 with the objective of carving something there that has never been carved in a chainsaw event before.

The end result was the 'Girreliphant' !!
You can see it on a littleYou Tube flick I put together at this link ... "But What Is It ??"




































... OMG ... the 'Glastonbury Festival' 2008 was an absolutly outrageous ... mind blowing experience and too much fun !! ...

... a 20 minute quick carve carrot (& pain-t) ...































... me with my new buddy Chocolatte and the 'Hotdog' I carved for him ...






... & a BIG owl ...


























No comments:

Post a Comment