Hi World ...

The idea of this blog is basically to get word of my work 'out there' ... so to speak.

I will, over time, compile a body of some of my favorite works here along with the stories behind them, the various sources of inspiration, and will share some of my crazy carving adventures along the way.
I am available for commisions small or large, private or public and I like to think that 'Anything Is Possible' ... just drop me a line at angiechainsawchick@yahoo.com.au or if in Australia you can call me on 0423 068 407 ...

I hope you enjoy this peek into my world ... and if you like it ... please feel free to 'spread the word' !!
...
Oh yeah ... and if you are so inclined, click on the 'Older Posts' tag at the bottom right at the end of this feed to see more groovy 'Angie' stuff !
Enjoy ...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dragon(ish) things …


In 2009 I was commissioned to carve a Dragonish Thing for an all abilities playground being installed in Keilor. After a bit of discussion and with a few abstract poles thrown in ... this is what evolved.
























































...More Dragon(ish) Things ...



... Wall plaque carved at 'Chazfest' USA, 2010 ...






This big 'English Tea Drinking Dragon' was carved at the 'English Open' chainsaw carving competition from a beautiful chunk of oak in 2005 ...










... quick carve in Western Red Cedar, Ocean Shores, WA, USA ... 2006 ...




I carved this big red dragon in 2007 at a 'Log Hoggers' event over 3 days in Quincey, Illanois, USA. After a painful fall from the scaffolding on the first day and sticky humid conditions, I managed to win 7th place in a field of 28.










... quick carved in Connetticut ... 2007 ...



1 comment: